So it’s my 26th birthday today…like now…it’s about 12am here (thank you to all who wished me before :D). And I’m not keeling over from the shock. I’m mature. Calm. Sensible. I accept aging as a landmark to show how learned I am about the world.
That, plus I have no other damn choice. Let’s stick with what I said above.
My parents and sister sent me a birthday card in the mail – very sweet. And tomorrow’s plan is to ditch all things school related, go shopping, go to the beach, dinner with friends. And…possibly skydiving next week? :O
Apparently I’m “Cadet Blue”
|you are cadetblue
Your dominant hues are green and blue. You’re smart and you know it, and want to use your power to help people and relate to others. Even though you tend to battle with yourself, you solve other people’s conflicts well.Your saturation level is lower than average – You don’t stress out over things and don’t understand people who do. Finishing projects may sometimes be a challenge, but you schedule time as you see fit and the important things all happen in the end, even if not everyone sees your grand master plan.
Your outlook on life can be bright or dark, depending on the situation. You are flexible and see things objectively.
|the spacefem.com html color quiz
Hmm…fairly true…? Try it out and share your colour! Maybe we’re colour compatible 😀
The Aussies don’t really celebrate Halloween the way the North American’s do. For some it’s bewilderment as to why the grocery store has a small bin of plastic jack-o-lanterns decorations, for others it’s a chance to do it up like the Americans and have a costume party.
All I want to know is – where is my fun-sized candy!?!?! There is no ‘fun’ in a regular sized Snickers! I want my bite-sized-guilt-free indulgence! The entire point of Halloween is the candy – forget the costumes. Somehow I’ve come to assume that there is an acquired right that come October 31st I can could walk up to all the doors of my neighbourhood and get candy and then feel free to judge them based on the candy they gave out. Obviously, I can’t get away with now at 26 (*choke*) so I believe that right should be to have the ability to purchase fun-sized candy whenever I please. But alas, that right is restricted to Canada/USA (do they do Halloween in Mexico…?).
I ought to persuade my brother to buy some packages of candy for me for when I get back home in December, but maybe we could just take some from my sister’s stash…(yes, that would be taking candy from a baby, but she’s 9, she shouldn’t have so much sugar. I’m doing it for her sake….that’s what I told my brother when he was little and look how great he turned out.)
This would make 6 posts in about 3 weeks…which would make up for disappearing in September…can’t believe this blog has been going for 4 years now.
- This is a random sentence to give me time to think of something else to say…
- I have to say…of all the wonderful little things, one of my favourite has to be opening up iTunes and choosing ‘Shuffle’ and having your absolute favourite song (or one you’ve been wanting to listen to or that just fits your mood at that time) be the first track it plays…like what just happened now 🙂
- I currently started reading the book Shantaram – if you’ve read, let me know whether it’s worth the read because at 933 pages I don’t know if I have the stamina to hold out with a book that size that ends up being pointless. On the other hand, please point me to some good reads you’ve had lately.
- another insert sentence…
- Am I the only who hasn’t watched Grease??? My friend nearly yelled at me the other day for not having seen it. Have I really been that deprived..?
- Alright, it’s almost 12am so I’ll end this here…so far my birthday is being rung in sans-cockroach, unlike last year
Filed under: Say What!?, The world, Uncategorized | 13 Comments »